Thursday, January 10, 2008

Innaugural Post

Okay folks, here's the skinny. I love food and drink. I've eaten some of the best and worst food in the world. I've also managed to quaff just about any and every beverage known to man. My wife is also an aficionado of fine food and beverage and usually accompanies me on my little excursions to different food venues. Sometimes we are very pleased with our experiments... sometimes we are disappointed like a kid getting underwear on Christmas morning.

The bottom line is this: I think it's important and valuable for people to know where the best food and drink is for three reasons...

1. It helps people make educated choices. People tend to take good advice only when the person giving the advice has actual, first-hand experience. and we want to earn the public trust by guiding them to restaurants and bars that will give them the best dining and drinking experiences possible. We will only advise on eating and drinking venues which we have actually visited.

2. It helps the businesses. Businesses that work harder and go the extra mile deserve the credit.

3. It helps me. Of course I stand to gain from this if restaurants that I like prosper and flourish. These establishments will more likely stay open and operating if a lot of people visit them... and therefore my favorites will stay open and afford me the opportunity to enjoy them for a long, long time.

Well, that's about it. If I'm wrong on my estimates of these eateries and drinkeries, please let me know in the comments section. Hell, if you just want to add your two cents, please feel free to do so. All polite comments are welcome.

No comments: